It’s never too late to create new year’s resolutions… especially when it’s about beauty.
Highlighters and winged liners were probably at their peak in 2017. There were lustrous tresses and radiant, dewy skin to no-makeup-makeup looks and beauty inspiration from our favorite Instagram influencers. Beauty discussions were everywhere and there was always fun, fresh and awesome ideas to try out. So as we usher in the new year, I thought you might want some beauty resolutions in case you haven’t given it a thought. Have a beautiful year!
- I will begin with a cliche but I have to. Eat right and healthy and cut down on junk. Being beautiful from inside and out is the key to a good place to start.
- If you don’t have one yet, start a fitness regimen and stick to it.
- Remove your makeup before going to sleep – no excuses!
- Use a night cream infused with collagen, vitamin C and vitamin A to wake up with fresh and supple skin in the morning.
- Rethink how much makeup you put on. Don’t overdo it!
- Apply serum or oil on your hair at least once a week to strengthen and nourish it.
- Learn different types of braiding styles. Even if they don’t end up Instagram worthy, braided hair is still your life line on a bad hair day.
- Make it a habit to use sunscreen with at least SPF 30. Even on an overcast day, the sun’s ultraviolet rays can still be brutal on your skin.
- Start using a moisturizing / nourishing face mask at least once a week.
- If you haven’t yet, pick up proper contouring techniques and start practicing.
- Learn to properly clean your makeup brushes and clean them regularly.
- Check your makeup collection and throw out anything that has expired.
- Pamper yourself more frequently! Treat your hands and feet to regular mani-pedis.
- Subscribe to receive sale alerts. Because unless it’s a makeover emergency, only shop when there’s a sale. You’ll save more money and get so much more product!
- Go out without any makeup more often. You know, you’re still stunning!
- The beauty world doesn’t run out of beauty trends. Stay tuned for any new trends and try one out.
- Craving too much coffee? Cut down on the caffeine and try to drink tea more.
- Detox periodically.
And most importantly, be kind. Be happy. There’s only so much you can put on the outside, but be beautiful from within. Learn to appreciate beauty in others more too, and be generous with the compliments. Try to stay away form negativity and toxic people that make life even harder than it already is.
Enjoy the new year – 2018 is your most beautiful year yet!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.