Follow these simple steps on how to create a natural and flawless makeup look.
Life is just too fast paced nowadays for us to sit in front of the mirror for an hour just to perfect our makeup. Most of the time, women just want to look nice and fresh without having to spend too long in front of the mirror. We have other things to worry about! Today’s outfit, the right shoes to match that outfit, breakfast, traffic, and what’s waiting for you at work… So naturally, we want an everyday makeup routine that is fast and easy yet presentable enough for any business meeting or a personal rendezvous.
To put it simply, a natural makeup look is all about color choices and where they are applied. But even if it is called a “natural” makeup look, it doesn’t come naturally for women to know how to achieve this look. Just like everything else, practice makes perfect. Follow these easy steps to achieve that natural no-make-up makeup look.
Before doing anything to your face, here’s a short checklist to make sure you’re ready:
- For a natural makeup look or a no-makeup makeup look, use sheer, pale colors. Nudes, lights, pinks, or beiges are recommended.
- Apply your makeup in natural light. If it is not possible for you to apply makeup somewhere with natural light, make an effort to check your makeup in natural light every once in a while while applying your makeup.
- You can’t achieve a perfect makeup look with poor quality brushes. Great brushes or sponges give great results. It will also help if you understand the purpose of each type of brush.
- Your canvas is your face. Your face should be properly washed, cleansed, and moisturized before putting on makeup.
When you’re all set to apply your makeup:
- Use concealer that is a shade lighter than your skin tone, foundation, or tinted moisturizer. There are also BB creams and CC creams that are used in place of foundations. Dot the concealer on areas you want to color-correct and blend it out with a makeup sponge.
- Choose the best makeup base for your skin type and skin tone. A tinted moisturizer is enough but if you want more coverage, use for a foundation that is lightweight. You can also mix a small amount of liquid foundation with a moisturizer but this depends on your liking. Blend your base all over your face evenly. Don’t forget to apply under the jawline and down to your neck.
- Stick to neutral and natural skin tones for eye makeup. Don’t use sharp blacks! Try the shades taupe, beige, light brown, maybe a little bit of light pink for eyeshadow. Use gray or brown shades for mascara. Don’t apply eyeliner for a more natural look.
- Apply nude-colored or light-colored lipstick. Stay away from strong, electric, striking colors like reds and purples. Go for nude or sheet pink shades that enhance your natural lip color. Don’t use lip liner.
- Use a blush that is not too red. It is a matter of trial and error, but a blush that makes you look like you are glowing from within is the best type. Choose a shade that is close to your natural blush after you work-out. Blend with a brush from the apples of your cheeks downwards. If you think your face looks a bit flat, use a hint of bronzer just below your cheekbones.
Do you have more tips on how to achieve an easy no-makeup or natural makeup look? Let us know in the comments!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.