If you just want that extra touch of vavavoom in your look and you’re getting bored of your usual everyday makeup, wearing false eyelashes is an easy way to change it up a little. Problem is, most people find it a daunting task. But wearing falsies doesn’t have to be a challenge! Here we have for you easy steps on how to apply false eyelashes like a pro.
There’s no denying that just like anything else in life, the first time is always the hardest. But like they all say, anything gets easier sooner or later with enough practice. Even the most pro or pros had to start somewhere, and applying false lashes the expert way is one of those things they had to master.
So why go through all that trouble just to wear them? Well, false eyelashes create a bolder eye look that even the best and most expensive mascara out there can’t achieve on its own. Falsies make the eyes look wider and more alive, and makes your overall look definitely eye-catching (pun may be intended).
The best things about eyelashes? There’s a variety of thickness and styles to suit to your liking. From tiny pieces of lashes to full blown bejeweled ones, there’s definitely one out there for you. And what’s more is that you don’t have to lie down in a beautician’s office to have these applied because you can wear them on your own at home in just a few minutes. And unlike eyelash extensions, falsies can be removed at the end of the day and reused later on as long as they don’t have mascara and you’ve sanitize them. Washing falsies is a big no or else there’s a chance for the hair to fall off.
Types of False Eyelashes
- Use individual or cluster lashes if you want to achieve a natural look. Individual lashes are great if you’d like more length and volume but takes more time to apply and perfect. Cluster lashes give the same effect but can be applied more quickly and easily.
- If you’d like more range of wear, use full strip lashes. These lashes can be layered depending on the desired outcome. Pro tip: Look for lashes that are longer in the center if you have wide-set eyes. Lashes that are longer in the outer corners are best for close-set eyes.
- Demi-strip lashes are half the size of regular falsies and are applied on the outer corners of the lash line. This type usually gives of a flirty effect and lifts your eyes. If the lashes aren’t too think, this can also give you a natural look. Pro tip: Full strip lashes can be cut in half if you don’t have demi-strip lashes around.
What You Need to Know Before Applying False Eyelashes
- Cut your falsies according to desired size of you feel that it’s too long for your eyes.
- Complete your eye look,including your mascara, before applying falsies. You wouldn’t want to work around your falsies while applying eyeshadow.
- Use a glue that dries up clear. This prevents unsightly dried up glue from ruining your eye makeup.
- Get a mirror ready. You need this while applying the lashes looking down past your nose. This gives you the best view of your lash line.
How to Put on False Eyelashes
- Apply just a thin line of glue at the base of your lashes and wait a few seconds until the glue gets tacky.
- Place the lash on your eye’s inner corner first and place the outer corner last.
- When the lashes have dried after 2 minutes, draw over the lash roots with a dark eyeliner of your choice.
- Curl your real and fake eyelashes with an eyelash curler. This will prevent the lashes from drooping and will make them feel more comfortable to wear.
If you have more tips and tricks on applying false eyelashes, we’d like to know in the comments!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.