Even the best mornings don’t guarantee good hair days.
We all have those days of flat, dull, frizzy hair that won’t go away. Bad hair days happen to anybody and they happen without warning, and we usually resort to the old fashioned ponytail or just cave in to the disaster that is our hair. But don’t worry, because today I may be able to help you deal with those bad hair days with these tips!
- A tease is not in the wrong decade, but take advantage of untamed and frizzy hair. Use a brush to tease out your messy hair a little more, and you can get away with a messy, puffy bun or low chignon.
- Use dry shampoo and let it stay on for 2-5 minutes. Put your hair up in a bun and only leave your hair down just before leaving the house for instant, heat-free waves. If you don’t have dry shampoo around, some talcum powder or baking soda will do just fine.
- When you have a long, busy day ahead and have no time to style or wash your hair, put your braiding skills to good use. It will keep your hair away from your face while you’re busy but still looking extra cute. This is also helpful if you have plans in the evening because you can just let your hair loose at the end of the day. You’ll have natural gorgeous curls that will just need to be loosened and brushed through.
- A bad hair day may be the perfect time to apply some serum on your hair, but if your hair is already producing enough oils, that will do. Part your hair in the middle and pull your hair into a neat ponytail.
- Spray some hairspray on and then use a wide-toothed comb. Make hair partitions along the sides and whip up a side braid. You can pull the rest of the hair into a ponytail with the side braid.
- When all else fails, wear a baseball cap. I highly suggest that you only use this tip strictly on a casual day.
- Speaking of head gear, may I suggest a beret? You’ll look fab and chic during the fall and winter season, and no one will suspect a thing behind the cap.
- Use bobby pins tucked underneath to keep the annoying flyaways pinned down. It’s easy, neat, and fuss-free.
- Sometimes, all that’s left to do is use a hair tool. Use a flat hair iron to straighten your hair for a sleek and smoother look.
- On days when your hair looks too flat, an easy hack to restore volume is to change your hair part. Do it on the opposite side of your usual hair part and you’ll instantly notice the difference. You may even go for a zigzag parting if you feel a little fun.
- If all else fails, maybe a new hair cut will do the trick. Have you checked if you have a split-end problem? And if you’re having a bad hair day almost every day of the week, it might be time for a treatment at the salon.
Do you have more tips to fix a bad hair day? Please share them below!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.