You’ve just had a relaxing day at the nail salon.
Your nails are perfectly neat, groomed, and shiny. But then you feel a little tug, and turns out your perfect little nail has broken. Well, no need to be buffed! Fortunately for you, I have some super easy trick to fixing that broken nail: a tea bag. Yes, a bag of tea, something that you take as a hot refreshment, but this time it’s your nail that’s getting the hot treatment. Here are the instructions on how it’s done, with some additional pro tips to help your nails grow stronger.
- Prep. As with any manicure procedure, start with clean nails. There should be no base coat and polish. Dry off your nails.
- Cut the teabag close to the length and width of the break in your nail.
- Get some glue and drop some on an orange wood stick.
- Dab the stick over the nail break and place the teabag piece over the break.
- Let it dry. Make sure the nail is completely dry before doing the next step!
- Using a buffer or nail file, lightly smooth out the surface of your nail.
- Take a pusher and push back your cuticles but don’t trim them too much.
- Apply oil on your cuticles.
- Cover the nail with a base coat, then color.
- Add a protective top coat, and you’re done!
Here are some other ways on how you can protect your nails:
- How to Get rid of the Yellow Stain on Your Nails
- Are Gel Manicures Bad for Your Nails?
- How to Take Care of Your Nails
- What are the Worst Foods for Hair and Nails
Do you have other tips on how to take care of or fix a broken nail? Share them in the comment section below!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.