I am an advocate of embracing our own looks and sense of individuality, but I also believe there’s nothing wrong with having fun by changing up one’s looks every once in a while.
I was born with big eyes, but sometimes we just want more emphasis on them whether you just want your eyes to look bigger or you want to make them pop or make a statement.
I’ve gathered some tips to achieve just that. Like everything else, it may take a bit of practice, but it will somehow give you that look nonetheless.
Like I said, there is nothing wrong with having small or big eyes, but if you want to make them seem larger, it is possible. Here are some makeup tips on how to make your eyes look bigger with makeup!
- Maintain your eyebrows regularly. Trim if you have to, or just comb them in shape if you’re already happy with them. The eyebrows frame the face and will help keep the focus on your eyes. The concept is – make your eyes the star, not your eyebrows.
- Curl your eyelashes to make your eyeball more visible. Opening up your lashes and keeping them from going limp to make you look wide awake. If you have a blow dryer, heat up your curler before using them to maximize its effect.
- Use concealer to cover up your dark eye circles. On really bad days, it may not just be the under-eye area but everywhere around the eyes, too. Keep in mind that you can best conceal you skin imperfections using the opposite color of the discoloration. For example, blue veins would need concealer with a tone of a orange, like peach, salmon, or coral.
- Only wear eyeliner on one half of your lash line. Preferably, only draw from the middle to the outer corners of your eyelids. This can also be done on the lower lash line, depending on your eye shape.
- White eyeliner never goes passé and it’s one of the easiest ways on how to achieve the illusion of having a bigger eye. Only use a small amount on your waterline or the inner corners of your eyes.
- Blend out a lighter eyeshadow shade from the middle of your eyelid and then outwards. This gives off a 3D effect.
- You can also draw attention to your eyes by applying some shimmer on the corners of your eyes. This is especially helpful if you have narrow-set eyes because they will make your eyes seem more wide-set.
- Be mindful of your eyeshadow technique. Applying eyeshadow all the way up to the outer edges of the crease in your eyelids will make the eyes look bigger.
- Avoid colors that wash you out if you’d like your eyes to pop out more, or else you might look tired and sleepy. Use a nude eyeshadow as a base to make the colored eyeshadow stand out.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with color! Practice makes perfect, and it’s just a matter of finding out what colors best suit your eye color and your overall look.
Do you have more tips on how to create the illusion of larger eyes with makeup? Let me know below!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.