If you have an event coming up, like say, a new year’s eve party, but you don’t really know what to do at this point, may I suggest incorporating a pop of glitter in your look?
Glitter can be tricky to pull off but when done it’s worn well, it’s sure to make heads turn.
You’ll probably never run out of eyeshadow looks to copy from Pinterest and other blogs, but have you thought about how to actually wear glitter makeup? If not, then keep reading!
There are actually a few tips and tricks you can do to stay beautiful and mess-free all night.
- Choose a shade of glitter that compliments your natural skin tone. Champagnes, golds, roses, bronzes, and other earth-toned metals are the best shades for most people. Use whites and silvers with caution because they can look harsh and stark especially with flash photography.
- Apply your eyeshadow and then your glitter eyeshadow before applying any other type of makeup on your face. Remember to prep your eyelids first.
- A flat synthetic makeup brush is the best type of brush for glitter eyeshadow because you can clean it up right after using it. Also, a flat brush will give you more precise control when applying eyeshadow.
- Use glitter only on one part of your face to prevent looking like a disco ball who just happened to have a face.
- Use a tacky/setting agent if you want to use loose glitters on your eyes. But if you want less fuss in application, glitter gel is the most convenient type of eyeshadow glitter.
- There is such a thing as too much glitter, so pile it up in small amounts until you’re happy with the final look.
- After applying the glitter, brush your eyelashes with a clean spoolie brush dipped in water. Use a blow dryer to remove the glitter that’s left on your lashes, cheeks, and other parts of your face.
- When you’re happy with your eye look, spray a finishing spray to set everything in its place. This will sort of seal your makeup in and make sure no glitter will fall all over your face.
- Coordinate your glitter makeup with your outfit. Go for more subtle accessories so stay looking glamorous but still keeping your overall look cohesive.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.